Sportsman Competitor Nathan Higgins Fines And Penalties
Penalty / Fine Notice:
Competitor: Nathan Higgins DIRTcar Member 22497
Series: DIRTcar Weekly Sportsman Event
Event: Fulton Speedway 8/25/18
Violation: 15.0-C DIRTcar Sportsman Modified
ANY CAR, TEAM AND/OR DRIVER THAT DOES NOT MEET THESE SPECIFICATIONS AND/OR EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO PENALTIES AS DETERMINED BY THE DIRTcar and/or World Racing Group OFFICIALS.
15.0 – C – DIRTcar Sportsman Modified
Under the guideline of the 2018 DIRTcar rules any and/or rules and as stated in the 2018 DIRTcar Rule Book, all DIRTcar rules apply to all divisions. Local track rules pertaining to the racing procedures and/or overall rules that are administered by the local track officials and management may apply at local tracks in DIRTcar sanctioned events. Instances, where applicable, local track may be applied.
All amendments supersede any previous rules regarding any technical article and/or aspect.
Under the guideline of the 2018 rules any and/or rules and as stated in the 2018 DIRTcar Rule Book, all DIRTcar rules apply to all sanctioned divisions.
The specifications published shall be considered a section of the “Official Rules and Specifications” for all events, series and sanctions by World Racing Group. All sections should be considered when determining specifications and governance.
ANY CAR, TEAM AND/OR DRIVER THAT DOES NOT MEET THESE SPECIFICATIONS AND/OR EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO PENALTIES AS DETERMINED BY THE Super DIRTcar and/or DIRTcar and/or World Racing Group OFFICIALS.
Any new components, including engine components, body designs, frame designs and/or components of any type utilized in competition must be approved by World Racing Group, Super DIRTcar and DIRTcar Officials prior to being introduced into competition.
Note: unless otherwise noted within Section 15.0-C, the rules remain the same as presented in section15.0-A.
15.1The General Motors (GM) / Chevrolet Performance Engine part number #88958602/19258602 is the only engine permitted in all DIRTcar Sportsman Modified events.
- The engine and all components must remain in their original configuration and form as purchased and/or delivered from the factory. Any alterations to the engine will not be permitted. The Engine must remain as manufactured by General Motors with a stock 4”-inch bore. Overbore(s) will not be permitted. Sleeve repair may be permitted with written permission from DIRTcar and/or World Racing Group Officials.
- All engines are to remain sealed from the factory. The original factory seals must remain unaltered. Tampering, removal, modifications of any type and/or broken factory seals will not be permitted. The GM Engine must remain unaltered in any way.
- The GM Crate Engine seals (bolt-type) must remain unaltered. DIRTcar and/or World Racing Group Officials may require specific sealing and verification of all seals on any GM Crate Engine. Tampering with and/or alteration of any seals will not be permitted and is subject to immediate penalty and/or suspension.
- Only GM replacement parts of any type will be permitted for any type of replacement and/or repair work. Only GM Crate Engine specific valve springs may be used for replacement and/or repair, Part Number # 10212811.
Section 11.0 – Penalties, Fine Schedules & Protests
We are the top Racing Series in North America and expect its members to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times during any event and/or when representing the series. Team ownersaresolely responsible for the conduct of their drivers and/ or team members and/or anyone connected to or affiliated with that owner’s team. All fines that are listed in sub-section 11.1 are in regard to the initial penalty. Multiple infractions of the same type will increase the severity of the penalty.
11.1 Penalties and Fine Schedules
- All fines may be collected from prize money on the day of the infraction. If the competitor has not won appropriate money, the fine must be paid in full before the car and/or driver participates in another sanctioned event.
- Any member that violates any technical rule as presented within the rulebook and/or issued in a written bulletin will be subject to disqualification and/ or fine and/or suspension and/or loss of points and/or any other action deemedappropriate by World Racing Group SupervisoryOfficials
- In the event of any illegal internal modification to any W16 Engine and/or DIRTcar Spec Engine and/or tampering of any manufacturer and/or DIRTcar seal a maximum of a 1-year suspension and/or indefinite probationperiod.
- The engine will be confiscated and not returned and a maximum penalty of $3,500 andloss of all earnings based for the race night, and including but not limited to race night points, point fund awards and/or or racewinnings.
- In the event the driver is suspended from a division utilizing the W16 engine and/or DIRTcar spec engine, the driver may be offered the opportunity to move up in division to continue participation after serving a suspension and payment of the fine.
Event and explanation: On August 25, 2018 Fulton technical inspectors did a routine check of the top finishing competitors in the Fulton Feature Event. During that procedure it was noticed that the GM Seal bolts appeared to have been tampered with. This prompted officials to request the motor be removed from the car and taken to the Kevlar engine shop to be tested. On August 27,2018 upon testing the motor on the engine Dynamometer it was found that the motor was not in compliance with standard GM 602 benchmarks.
Penalty / Fine:
- One year suspension from all DIRTcar tracks and/or events effective 8/29/2018 Competitor may apply for re instatement 8/29/2019.
- Loss of points and Earnings from 8/25/2018 event.
- $500.00 fine and loss of motor. Fine to be paid before reinstatement to DIRTcar.
Appeal : As provided in the Appeal Section of the rule book Section 12 and posted online at www.worldracingroup.com, members in good standing (only actual DIRTcar Members have the right to appeal the decision to the WRG Appeals Commission. All payments should be made out to DIRTcar / World Racing Group and mailed to the Concord, N.C. office.
Mike Perrotte– Series Director
Super DIRTcar Series