Pro Race Cars Mod Lite Competition Bulletin For 2014 And 2015
To: Pro Race Cars Mod Lite Competitors
Re: “Open”/”Stock/Spec” Class Definition
Date: April 17, 2014
- The Pro Race Cars Mod Lites will be divided into two classes beginning in 2014, “Open” and “Stock/Spec”. The engine rules are defined in the TUSA Rules package at www.t-usa.org.
- The class will run as one throughout a race program, including handicapping, line-ups, heat races and features. Drivers are required to declare their division at the first point race.
- At the completion of a race program, separate points will be awarded for the two classes and tracked throughout the season. The points will be awarded for the position the driver finishes, regardless of which class they are competing in.
- Separate championships and point funds will be awarded.
- The standard weekly purse will remain the same with the exception of first place. The weekly winner’s share will be $200. The first “Stock/Spec” division car will receive the base purse for their finishing position, plus an additional $50.
- There will be a “Stock/Spec” feature winner and an “Open” feature winner in victory lane at each race event for trophy presentation and interview.
- The point season for each division will begin with the May 2 Brewerton Speedway show and run until August 29. All events at Brewerton will award points. Fulton Speedway regular season events on 5/17, 6/21, 7/12, 7/26 and 8/23 will be point counting events but will not be used in handicapping.
- TUSA “Package A” – “Stock” and “Spec” engine combinations will be the only allowed engines in 2015. Thus, this division will be valid only for the 2014 racing season. In 2015, it will return to a single class.
- A reminder, TUSA tires will be required beginning July 1, 2014.
For more information contact Cory Reed by phone at (315) 668-6906 (Brewerton) or (315) 593-6531 (Fulton) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.